Sunday, August 18, 2013

Inpatient Day -2 Last day of Chemo

WBC- 1.0
Hemoglobin- 10.0
Platelets- 11
ANC- 0.9
Weight this morning- 53.02  and Weight this evening- 54.34

It was another long night getting up every two hours to pee. I am sure Ariauna will be excited tomorrow when she gets to quit having all the extra fluids being pushed through her. She has still been able to do it all on her own and the nurses told us this morning that they have never known a patient that has not needed the Lasix (medicine to help them pee and push the chemo through the bladder). I am so happy that she got to do without at least one medicine. We got up again about 8:00 and I immediately ordered her breakfast, she decided last night what she wanted so I could order it the minute I woke up in hopes to get it before 11:00.  We got her up and got her moving for the day, it wasn't long that her cornflakes showed up so we got those started and quickly started her medicines by mouth. At 8:30 they came in with one of the two chemotherapy medicines and started it. Shortly after that one they started the 2 hour chemo.

The nurse brought me a print out of her labs this morning. Her platelets are continuing to drop quite a bit and they are expecting they will have to do a platelet transfusion tomorrow. Ugh! They only want them to get down to 10 and they are already at 11. You can also see that her ANC is starting to drop again, which is exactly what it is suppose to be doing. We got a text from Jerry this morning with these pictures.
Ariauna and I laughed and laughed and Ari immediately sent Brent our neighbor a few doors down a text and asked him if he had put these signs in our yard. Ariauna just loves Brent and Karen to pieces and was sure Brent had done this. Brent sent back and said "No Ari, it wasn't me, we have a sign like that in our yard for Karen too". So Ari asked him to send a picture of it to us and sure enough this is what he sent.
Ariauna laughed and laughed and thought it was so funny. So Ari continued to text Brent and then finally just called him and said who could it be. They finally decided that it had to be the person they played a trick on last week when Brent shaved his head for Ariauna. Well they decided together they should make a fur ball out of all of his hair and stick it on a plate and take it to a gal in our ward named Carrie. She had previously done this to some one else in our ward. So Brent did just that, he took all of his hair and made it look like a rat on a plate and dropped it off to Carrie's door. Long story short, Ari and Brent decided this must be Carrie's funny prank she played back to them. We'll all I can say is thanks Carrie for making Ariauna laugh. She has not laughed that hard in a long time. And you better watch out because Ari and Brent are already deciding what to do next.


 We had a pretty quite afternoon. Right before lunch she took her daily shower to wash off any chemo germs and they changed her bedding while she was out of it. After her shower she spent the rest of the day in the green recliner chair and on the couch. It was good for her to get out of bed and stay out for most of the day. She had a turkey sandwich for lunch and ate all the turkey and some of the bread. Which is as good as she eats sandwiches at home. She decided to play  "New Moon" on the little DVD player on her lap instead of on the big screen t.v. today.
We face timed with Daddy and the kids at home today. Jerry and I talked about the stack of bills that was piling up. Ariauna worked on a counted cross-stitch for a little while, but it is still kind of hard for her. We played some Chutes and ladders and she face timed/ skyped with a few friends. Then we had our first and maybe our only set of visitors come see us today, and no it was not just the nurses. We were so excited, we actually got a knock on our door and found someone besides a doctor or nurse wanting to see us. It was the Gould's and they had brought me a big surprise!!!  A pint of my all time favorite Ben & Jerry's ice cream. It totally made my night. This is one of the new sweet families we have met since we have been here in Minneapolis. She is the current local Primary President in the ward and they are the one's who have come and taken us to church a few times, and he gave Ariauna a beautiful blessing. We had a good little visit, we talked about our family and their family. We compared stories about our boys working on their Eagle Projects. They even both played a game of Spot it with Ariauna. I even got them to pose for a picture for us with Ariauna.

Ari was sad they didn't bring their girls, but they were not sure how it would be up here on the BMT unit. They left about the time that Ariauna's dinner showed up. She ordered chicken fettuccine alfredo and she ate it really well. Probably one of the better meals she has eaten. The rest of the evening was really quiet. We watched Disney channel, I tried to blog a little, she was texting a few friends on her ipad and we went to bed.

Today I am grateful that they have Ben & Jerry's in Minnesota, especially my favorite flavor. Ice cream can make anything better, right?  I am grateful for new friends in Minnesota who have taken us under their wing and continue to visit, offer to help and do anything for us that we might need. I am grateful for my family and friends at home and all the prayers that are being said in our behalf. Ariauna is amazing and is doing so well so far. I know we still have rough days to come, but I thank my Heavenly Father each day that we have had another good day. I can feel the love and prayers being said in our behalf and I know that your prayers are being answered in good ways. I am grateful to my little one's at home and that we are able to keep connected via "Electronics". I can not imagine if I could not see them on face time every day. And I am grateful for our sweet angel Ariauna and her fight against this rare disease. She is my hero, my strength and one of my joy's and I am grateful and honored to be her mom.

1 comment:

The Royals said...

I can't wait to see what Brent and Ari come up with to get Carri back! Can I just say that I love the Gould's, too? They are so sweet to take care of you.

Post a Comment