Monday, July 7, 2014

The loss of another friend.......

Our hearts are broken today as we learned that another one of our Ronald McDonald House friends earned his angel wings. Steven Sires age fourteen fought a courageous battle of a very rare cancer. He has been at the Ronald McDonald House for almost a year and just recently was told he had beat his cancer and he was cancer free. Unfortunately, he got an infection in his lungs and ended up spending the last few weeks in ICU. He fought to his very last breath. Ariauna and I were looking so forward to seeing him and his family when we go to Minnesota in a few weeks. We were hoping to be able to go in and see him and tell him what a fighter he is and how proud we are of him. Hopefully, he knows that and hopefully he knows we love him and his family. Oh how I wish I could be in Minnesota and put our arms around Kristi, Grandma, Alyssa, Mason, Abi and baby Bryden. I feel like we just lost a part of our family. I can not even explain how close you become to the families at the RMH, when they are there helping you through each and every day of your journey. My heart just aches for Kristi and her family as I can not even imagine the pain they must be feeling. Steven, you fought a great fight. You are one of the most amazing and brave boys I have ever met. You will be missed by so many people. We are so grateful to have met you and your amazing family. Rest in Peace Steven Sires.


No comments:

Post a Comment