This last week was a busy crazy one! First week out of school and the kids are already fighting like cats and dogs. When Ariauna was hospitalized for 5 weeks in March we explained to the kids how serious her disease was and that we really needed to try to be more respectful of each other, and be nice to each other. Well, that lasted about a week. We are now back to the same old bickering and fighting like usual.
Here is Ariauna the last day of school, don't mind the dark bloody crusted lips, this is still from her allergic reaction to her medicine. The sun was in her face so her eyes are squinted. Not the best picture but I didn't want to miss it either. I like to take a picture of the kids the last day of school with there school picture at the beginning of the year just to see how much they changed. As you can see, she has grown up a lot.
Tuesday I wanted to take the other kids to Seven Peaks Water park with our passes. Ariauna still is suppose to stay out of the sun because of the medicine she is taking and she can not swim, so I asked Grandpa Watterson to take her on a date. They had lots of fun. As soon as I dropped her off they headed out to the movie and went to see Horton Hears a Who! Then they headed off to buy a new hat for when she loses her hair. Grandpa didn't just buy her some cheap little hat, he took her to Kirkham's. Here she is sporting her new hat. (again please disregard her awful looking lips).
Then they went and ran a few other errands and then had lunch at Ariauna's favorite place, Golden Corral. Here she is enjoying a marshmallow from the chocolate fountain. She had a great time and we are so grateful to Grandpa for spending time doing something fun with her so she wasn't so sad about missing out on playing at the water park!
When we got home from Seven Peaks this was on the counter. I couldn't help but get teary. These cute girls in our neighborhood had spent the day out in the heat selling lemonade and otter pops to help raise money for Ariauna's transplant. I love this cute little note they wrote to Ariauna. I wish I would have gotten a cute picture of the girls and the table they had set up. I was told the sign said all proceeds will go to help Ariauna with her transplant. These little girls are so sweet and special to Ariauna. I can't thank them enough for being so willing to help Ariauna out in such a special way. (these girls are between 8 and 11 years old).
Wednesday Ariauna had a fun play date with her friend Ashlyn W. We switched sisters, Ariauna went to their house and Shaylee came to our house to play with Sadie. I think they all had a really good time. And the best part, it gave Ariauna and Sadie a break from each other.
Thursday we went to free lunch and played with the Brinkerhoffs and Friday we had our friend Meaghan come over to play at our house. Sorry, I am a slacker and no pictures of those two events. Friday night we went to dinner as a family. Probably one of the last times going out as a family as Daddy and Austin go to scout camp next week, then Austin is gone for another week to a different scout camp and we are hoping to be in Minnesota before too long. The kids all agreed on Sweet Tomatoes for dinner.
We have gone on lots of family walks this week and trying to spend lots of time together as a family. Saturday we spent time looking at new carpet for the new room we are building in the basement so we can make sure Ariauna has her own room when she comes home from transplant. Today we celebrated Father's Day. Here is Jerry and the kids. I am so grateful to him and the great husband he is to me and the great dad he is to the kids. I love him with all my heart and am so grateful to have him as the Father of my kids.
Well hopefully the next post will be good news on the donor. Keep praying for Ariauna and for the donor that they are working with. Praying for some good news. I will post as soon as I know something.
3 comments:
fun times! Don't apologize for Ari's lips. She is still as cute as ever!
Golden coral is Ashlyn's favorite place to eat also. Hope this week is not to crazy for you with Jerry being gone - love week long scout camp :)
I really appreciate how you explain things. It makes it easier to understand what's going on, what's good, what's bad and helps us so that we can pray for specific things.
Post a Comment