I apologize that I have not kept up on the blog so well the last few weeks. Life has been crazy busy. By the time I have some quiet time, I am falling asleep myself.
We were very happy with Ariauna's blood counts this last week. They only dropped .1. Yipee! She had them drawn on Thursday and Friday they called to let us know that her Hemoglobin was 10.2 and last week it was 10.3. Her platelets actually went up to 36,000 and her ANC went up to 600. We were very happy with the news this week and pray they will stay good. We are praying she doesn't have a sudden big drop. We really do not want to do another blood transfusion before the transplant.
This week got even a bit crazier. Sadie had been begging to take some swim lessons this summer. Crazy me decided that it would also be fun to put Jaxon in a mom and me class. I figured it would give us some one on one time before we left. What I didn't think about was that it was going to make life even more crazy than it already would be trying to leave town and all. Anyway, Monday night we started our swim lessons and I was amazed how well Jaxon did. He absolutely loved it and did everything the teacher wanted him to do. We spent most of the day Monday making Tye died t-shirts. I had bought a kit last year and we never did it. Today seemed like a good day to do it, so we found some shade outside for Ariauna to sit in and made lots and lots of shirts, onsies for Jack and bags for the girls. We had a lot of fun and all of them turned out so differently.
Monday night we traded kids. We had MeKenzie come to our house to sleep and Ariauna went and slept and Grandma and Grandpa's house. I was taking all the other kids to Seven Peaks Water Park on Tuesday so Ariauna went and spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa. We had a blast at the water park and Grandma and Grandpa took Ariauna to see the Summer Kid Movie "Dolphin Tale" and they had lunch at Golden Corrall and then they went back to their house and took a rest and worked on school workbooks. Wednesday we went to Grandma and Grandpa's while we waited for Austin to get done with water polo. The play ground was still shaded so Ariauna got to play outside for a bit.
We had a play date at the Brinkerhoff's and the kids had fun playing all day and having lunch together.
After our play date we stopped at the mailbox and Ariauna got a big package.
It was a package from "Monkey in my Chair". She was so excited. Monkey in my chair is an organization set up to help children with cancer or other life threatening diseases stay in touch with their class at school and their classmates. It comes with a big backpack, a large monkey, a small monkey, a disposable camera, a storybook, a notebook, a photo album, pencils, erasers, and a teacher guide for the teacher and staff at the school. Ariauna was so excited and is hopeful that her class will take pictures with it and send her notes.
For more information about Monkey in my Chair you can look online at monkeyinmychair.org.
Later on that night we got a visit from Ashlyn and Sheri Whiting. Sheri had been busy making the girls matching nightgowns. The girls were so excited. They are silky nightgowns just like Grandma C used to make them. Sheri told Ariauna every time she wore it to remember how much they love her. So sweet of them. Thank you so much Sheri for all you have done for us.
Thursday was you guessed it 7-11 day....Yep, that means FREE slurpees. So we went and picked up our cousins Haleigh and Camilla and left Austin at there house. On the way home we stopped and got a free slurpee.
We also got our Thursday visit from our Home Health Nurse Danika. We have really gotten to know her and love her to pieces. We are going to miss her a ton while we are in Minnesota. Hopefully, if we get home and need Home Health again, it will be her that gets assigned to us. We were not sure how many more times we would get to see Danika so we got a good picture with her.
That afternoon Ariauna had been invited to Kaelia's carnival birthday party. It was a bit overcast which was good for her because she still can not be in the sunshine. She had a lot of fun, but of course no pictures. Friday we just were at home and then Ariauna had a sleepover at Meaghan's for her birthday. She had lots of fun as you can tell in these next pictures.
Friday night mom went to bunco and went out with her friends for a girls night and didn't get home until 2:45 a.m. that made for one tired mom, but it was great to have one more girls night out. Thanks friends :-)
Saturday we had been invited to another Hope Kids movie, it was a private showing of Dispicable Me 2. The kids were so excited. Jerry at the last minute could not go with us so Camilla took his place. The kids absolutely loved this show.
Camilla slept at our house and went to church with us. Today was our last Sunday to go to church as a family for probably a year. Even once Ariauna gets home she will not be allowed to go to church. It was a bit of a tear jerker day for me. As I sit here typing this my anxiety is getting the best of me. I am a nervous wreck. I have so much to do and yet want to spend every minute with my kids playing and having fun. The thought of leaving next Sunday just breaks my heart. I know this is something we need to do, but I don't know that I am ready to take my happy, bubbly, active, smiling little girl to Minnesota knowing she is going to have to go through what she is going to go through and that she is going to get sick, very sick. So if you see me running this week with my head chopped off, I know lots of you would be happy to help me get things done, but really it will be good for me to focus on the many things that need to be done and keep busy, therefore saving my tears for the very end. I got an email at the beginning of the week this week from Lisa in Minnesota (she was in the same mission field as our friend LaVon). She said she heard we were suppose to be flying in on the 21st and offered to pick Ariauna and I up at the airport. I am so grateful!!! Can I just tell you how grateful I am for the church and for all the wonderful sisters and angels there are all over the world willing and able to help each other. I can not thank Lisa enough and since then I have had two other wonderful woman send me messages and now have 3 friends on face book from Minneapolis who are willing and able to help Ariauna and I with whatever we may need. The Lord is definitely looking out for us and I am so grateful for these sweet sisters who will never know how much their love and support means to me in such a scary and lonely time. I have been so worried about going so far away from home and not knowing anyone. But I can feel myself feeling more and more calm knowing that I have gospel sisters ready to help take care of us. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life, I can not imagine my life without it. I am so grateful for my Savior and my Heavenly Father and for them helping me through each and every day. Well as I type this we should know in the next 24 hours the results on the donors physical. I am praying and having faith that everything will be fine and that we will be flying out on Sunday. I will keep you posted as soon as I know something. Thank you, Thank you for the continued prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment