Sunday, July 21, 2013

Our Journey begins today......

Our Journey began early this morning. I went to bed not last night but at 4:30 a.m. this morning. It was a crazy night trying to get everything taken care of for the next 4-5 months. My alarm went off at 7:00 a.m. to start getting ready, I think it is going to be a long day. We woke up all the kids and got ready to go, threw the last minute things in to the suitcases and headed out. I didn't sleep well last night even for the 2 1/2 hours I tried. Every time I would think of leaving my family at home I would start to cry. It is literally killing me to think about being away from home for that long. It breaks my heart to think of Jaxon and how he is so little and doesn't understand what is happening. Sadie usually has the hardest time because she is a momma's girl. I am going to miss my immediate family and my extended family so much. I have always had my family near me and I can not imagine not being able to just see them when ever I want. We got to the airport and got our luggage all checked in. You can imagine what we are taking to live for 4-5 months. Crazy! We headed up to security and then it came time to say our goodbyes. Grandma and Grandpa Watterson were there to see us off too. I bawled and bawled. Here is Jaxon helping us pull our carry on to the security gates.
I couldn't help but to hug my kids over and over again the whole time we were in line. We got to the front of the line and we did not have a choice but to say our goodbyes. We were all crying! I gave them all the biggest hug I have ever given them, told them how much I love them and would miss them and to take care of each other. They walked away and I couldn't help but to keep watching them as they headed out of the airport. Ari and I made our way through security (without being patted down this time). We went and found where we needed to be and sat and held each other and cried. I am sure everyone around us (and there was probably 100 people) were wondering what the heck our problem was. Actually, Ari was in a mask so I am sure people could guess things were not well. Here we are trying to smile through the tears.
I worry about them all. I worry about Austin and if he will be okay. I know he is older and all, but I think he holds a lot in too. We finally were able to get on the plane and we still shed a few tears. 

 I think it is going to be a daily routine here. I am crying now as I sit and type on the blog. Every time I think of my family and close friends at home, I cry. Our flight was a direct flight and took about 2 1/2 hours. Ari played on her ipad, watched a movie, colored and played with her American Girl doll "Kit". I read some really nice letters from people at home and cried some more. When we got to Minnesota our new friends had sent us a text to tell us what they were wearing and that they would be there looking for us. Sure enough they were right there ready and willing to take us under their wing. I am so grateful to Lisa Chidester and her loving daughter Macey who came with her to the airport and immediately became a dear friend to Ariauna. She is so nervous and scared for what is about to happen to her, and I know she found comfort in knowing she had a friend here in Minnesota. Lisa helped us get all of our luggage in her little car and drove us to our hotel. Helped us take it all up to our room and get settled in. Then she offered to take us to get some lunch and to take us around town for awhile. We ended up at McDonalds and here we are with our new friends.


I can not thank this sweet sister enough. What an amazing woman to be so willing to help me and my angel in such a difficult time. I hope she knows how much it means to me. I have been so nervous to leave my home, my family, my friends, my comfort zone and come to a place unknown to us. I have been nervous about not knowing anyone and being lonely. This sweet sister out of the kindness of her heart has made me feel so much more at peace about this journey we are about to go through. I am grateful to know that I have someone here in Minnesota that I can call if I really need some help or a friend to talk to. Thank you Chidester's for your love and support to strangers like us :-).  Lisa then spent a few hours taking us around Minnesota and St.Paul. We saw a really old and beautiful cathedral, several beautiful mansions, the city, the capitol, we drove by the Ronald McDonald house so Lisa knew where it was and she was even sweet enough to take us to Target to pick up a few items to have to eat in our hotel room.


Once we got back to our room we were both about ready to crash. We got all settled in, and had a bowl of cereal for dinner and went to bed early. Here is our hotel room.



As you can see Kit has her own bed and Ariauna and I are sharing, imagine that. Our room is really nice and clean. It is going to be tough to live in such tight surroundings for the next 4-5 months, we definitely take for granted the little things. Like having a home to move around and not having to live in a small one bedroom hotel room. We have an early morning tomorrow and a long day ahead of us, so we are headed to bed.  Sending our love from Minnesota.




3 comments:

whiting said...

So thankful and happy you found a great friend in MN. Thinking of you and your family.

Unknown said...

So glad you have made friends in MN. We were all glad to hear from you and talk to Ariauna. Hope things are still going good. We love you all in MN. Miss you!

Hendricksonblog said...

I cried right along w/you guys reading this and was thinking that if anyone was staring at you at the airport that they needed to be smacked in the face. I was feeling a little protective I think. That lady is amazing and so are you and your family.
This is hard to watch and not be able to do anything.

Post a Comment