Sunday, April 7, 2013

Surgery Stay Day 25 - Fun filled day

Ariauna had a pretty good night last night. They continued the two antibiotics for the fever she started with on Friday night. She is still on TPN and lipids, they continued to give her replacement fluids for everything that is coming out of her NG tube. She has not had any pain medication since last night before bed and it was just Tylenol. She has not needed the dilaudid pain medicine since Saturday morning at 7:00 a.m. Yay! Her and daddy were up bright and early playing Phase 10. Aunt Jen, and her cousins Ashlee and Mekenzie stopped by the hospital to visit before they headed back to Colorado. Grandma and Grandpa came and spent hours playing the card game Garbage with her, and then grandpa taught her to play solitaire. Daddy and Grandpa gave her another blessing. I am so grateful to have the priesthood in my life and truly believe they are helping us make it through one day at a time. I know that the blessings Ariauna has received are helping her to be strong and to heal from her surgery. Later this afternoon, our friend Tammy came and she kept an eye on Ari while daddy went and got lunch. They played Garbage too, but Tammy was winning so Ari wanted to quit. Then Tammy took her to the playroom to get some crafts to do. They spent several hours crafting! I spent the morning at home doing some laundry, and trying to get the other kids' summer clothes out. I only got started. Oh well, maybe another weekend! Austin called us from New Mexico and the Kearns 15 and under and the Kearns 12 and under teams both took 1st place in the tournament. I am so proud of him. I wish we could have been there to support him. Wouldn't you know the one tournament we can not go to, they are the champs! Sadie, Jaxon and I went up to visit and now that the kids can come up to her room we all played and visited for awhile. Aunt Angela and Haleigh and Camilla also came up to visit. The kids all played the bean bag toss that Holly from child life brought into our room. They made a clown craft from the craft cart and then I took the kids and went to the play room for awhile because Ari was feeling tired and worn down. Jerry and the kids left and Ari and I spent the evening doing word searches. Right before bed they came in and weighed her and she was 44.66pds which is about what it was when we came in. Ugh, she has gained and then lost, and then gained and then lost. We went on a walk and then I tucked Ari in bed about 9:00. I on the other hand stayed up half the night checking emails, texts, and working on this blog.
             Grandpa taught Ari to play Solitaire
          Playing Garbage with grandma and grandpa
                  Sadie, Jaxon, Ari and Mom
          Ariauna and Tammy walking to the playroom
                  Ariauna and Tammy doing crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment