Sunday, April 14, 2013

Surgery Stay Day 32- A day with daddy

Daddy said that Ari had a rough night again tossing and turning and not being able to settle down. They left her on the suction all night again. This morning they got up and they weighed her she was 47.74 so still a tiny gain. They are again doing the 2 hours off suction and then 1/2 hour on, in hopes to keep weaning her down a little at a time. Daddy and Ariauna got ready and went to church at the hospital today. Ariauna really wanted us to all go as a family, but with Jaxon still being sick we were not able to come up and meet them. Every week when you go to church, the Branch gives the kids a blanket. This is the first week Ariauna has been able to go down. We have always had them bring the sacrament to our room, but every other Sunday we have been here she has been getting a PICC line or not doing good from surgery or something and so she has not been able to go. Today her and daddy went and she got a really cute fleece blanket and on the bottom of the blanket is a cute patch that has a picture of Christ and the children on it and then it says "and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them". Then it says LDS branch- Primary Children's Medical Center. Ariauna can not have anything to eat by mouth still so she couldn't have the sacrament but Jerry did. The whole program is about a half an hour. Ari had a few times when they were putting her on or taking her off of suction that she threw up, I think it is a reflex thing. Ariauna got a fun visit from Uncle Jeff and Aunt Jeni today, they came and visited and brought Ariauna and our family a gift. We are indeed grateful for what they did. (Sorry no pic of them this time, daddy is not so good at remembering the camera). I spent the morning at home bathing all the other kids. I know this is crazy to say, but I really miss bathing my little guy.  He is such a hoot, he is talking so much now and I am missing out on him changing so much. Ariauna made that same comment the last time Jaxon came to the hospital, she said Mommy he is talking a lot now. We are missing him and his funny little personality. I did several loads of laundry (I know shhhh, don't tell anyone. Sunday is suppose to be a day of rest, but not when you have lived at the hospital for 32 days and the laundry is piling high. Daddy is doing such a great job at home working, taking care of the kids, doing homework, being the taxi, ect. It was the least I could do, even if it was Sunday). I held my little guy a lot, since he is not feeling well. Right before I left to come back up to the hospital we had some visitor's stop by the house. Meaghan Mason and her mom stopped by to give care packages to the three kids at home. I couldn't believe it and that she would have even stopped to think about them. I guess Meaghan told her mom that Austin was having a tough day at school the other day and so LeAnn wanted the kids to feel some extra love. Thank you Mason's for your thoughtfulness. When they left our house they were headed up to see Ariauna at the hospital. Sadie and I came up to the hospital and Sadie, Ariauna and Meaghan played a game of UNO. Then they left and daddy and Sadie headed home. Ariauna took a short nap until one of my managers at Pinnacle Quality Insight and his family came up to visit us. They brought a gift for Ariauna and a gift for our family. Thank you to the management and my friends at PQI. Ariauna and I had a pretty quite evening. I got her to go on a couple of more walks with me so she could get her four in for the day. I also convinced her to go to the cafeteria with me again to get dinner. She had a rather good day, just a few bouts of throwing up. Her bowels continued to do their job today, yay! We shall see what the surgical team has to say in the morning, rather they up her food some more and what they will say about the suction. Today I am grateful for my little family. I miss being together as a family so much. I long for the day they tell me we can go home, so that we can be together as a family again. It is amazing how much you miss the simple things in life. Waking up and getting the kids ready for school, spending the day with my little Jack Jack, waiting for the school bell to ring so I can see the kids when they come home from school, listening to Ari and Sadie practice the piano, watching Austin swim or play a polo game, having a conversation with my husband that is more than just in passing, I miss them all more than words could ever express. I can not wait to spend some time with just the six of us!!!
           Ariauna, Sadie and Meaghan playing UNO
           The blanket she got from church at PCMC

4 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

I love the pictures, Natalie. I think it is healing to write and I am wanting to know what's going on not only with Ari, but with the rest of you and this is a nice way to get accurate information w/out bombarding you will calls and texts. People care and are really concerned but it's a nice way to be able to spend all your time doing what is important instead of wasting your time filling everyone in all the time.
We all still pray for your and your little girl with the "yellow" hair. Love ya

Unknown said...

I am so glad that she was able to go to church today! She is one strong little girl she has taught me alot of things as she has had to go through alot and still have things to have to go through. she always has a smile on her face no matter what even if she is in pain. I love you all!!

Natalie C said...

Thanks for all your little notes April. It is healing to write my feelings down on the blog and sometimes I think I am putting to many details and people probably don't want to read it all. But I know someday I will want to look back and know all the details. It has been a great way to let everyone know all the details without sending out zillions of text messages. I know people care and are concerned and I appreciate everything that everyone is doing. From the little things to the big things. I heard through the grapevine that I offended a few people in the ward with my original text telling everyone what she was diagnosed with. I feel bad that people took my text offensive. I guess to some people it was a rude way of telling them to leave me alone. It is not that I didn't ever want them to text me again, it was just that I was still and am still trying to let it all settle in. This whole thing is a nightmare, something you hear about in the news, but never in my life imagined it being me. I am heart broken that those who I thought knew me really well were offended by my text. I guess they must not truly understand what I am going through. I really appreciate you commenting on my blog. I may not always respond, but I do read the notes people leave me and I am grateful to feel loved by so many. I love that Neve remembers Ari as the girl with the yellow hair! Kids are so stinkin cute!

Natalie C said...

Thanks Ang, we love you guys too. She is definitely one tough cookie and I personally have learned a lot from her too. Thanks for all you have done for us, I am forever grateful! Love you Sis!

Post a Comment