Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Who can be a donor??

I have had several people tell me they would like to be tested to be a donor for Ariauna. Unfortunately, the only people they will test to be a donor are the siblings. They are the most likely to be a perfect match. If the siblings are not a match then they have to go off the donor registry list. In the past they have tested parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc and have had no more luck with them than they did with the siblings. So unfortunately, the rule now days is that if you would like to be a donor, you have to be willing to donate to anyone that needs a bone marrow transplant. You can not specifically say you want to donate to Ariauna. You would have to be tested and put on the registry and then you would have to be willing and ready to help anyone who you may be a match for. If you are still interested in being added to the donor list you can log on to www.bethematch.org for more information.  I want to thank you all for your willingness to donate to my little angel. I have had several of you offer to do that for her and we as a family are so grateful for the people willing to do that for our little girl. I wish I could take bone marrow from all of you and make my little girl better, unfortunately that won't work.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the many offers to be a donor for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment