Today we had just a lazy day. It was rainy and gloomy outside and just made for the perfect day to just lay around and take it easy. Ariauna had another rough night. They left her NG tube suctioning all night so at least she was not up puking all night. The surgical team came in about 7:30 and said they were going to continue working on getting her off the suction again today. They were also going to leave her at the 30 ml on the feeding tube. Ari and I both went back to sleep until about 8:30. Then we got up and they did her weight. She was 47.3 pounds so gained a little more. I convinced her to go take a bath, she said it felt great to be in the warm tub, but of course we didn't make it back to the room before she was puking so we hurried and got her hooked up to the suction and she stopped. We got her all tucked back in bed and got her covered with lots of blankets because she was freezing. Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Jeramie showed up to visit and stayed for awhile. I braided her hair in french braids while Uncle Jeramie found some really funny pranks on you tube to let her watch. She was busting a gut watching them. They stayed for quite awhile and visited. Ariauna watched her movie "McKenna" an American Girl doll story. Then we both laid down and took an hour nap. Then we had another fun visitor.... Mrs. Bressler from the school came and brought me lunch and visited with us for a few hours. I have been volunteering in her class all year (at least until this all happened) and we have gotten to be good friends. It was great to visit with her and it meant a lot to me. She is like Sadie's second mom this year and especially with everything that is going on, she has gone the extra mile to make sure my baby girl is being taken care of at school each day. Ariauna and I spent the afternoon just watching the Disney channel, she took another nap, and then we started working on making some thank you cards. Her bowels continued to do their job today, twice in fact so we are very happy about that. She was on and off the suction again all day and did pretty good unless she went too long and then she would start throwing up. Poor girl, I hope this all gets better quickly for her. Jerry and Austin got home from their camp and so Jerry came up and swapped me. He is staying the night with Ariauna and I came home to be with the other kids for the night. It is great to get out of the hospital once in awhile and even better to spend some time with the rest of my pride and joy. Today I am grateful again for the angels in my life who are taking care of my family at home, my kids at school, the visits to the hospital, the texts, emails, comments on the blog. You are all helping me make it through one day at a time. Baby steps!!
Ariauna taking a ride on grandma's lap
Our dear friend Mrs. Bressler (Sorry Julie I have to put this in for Sadie)
4 comments:
Natalie, you do such a thorough, fantastic job updating this blog. I'm grateful you have so many angels around you to help buoy you up. Prayers heading your way for all of you.
In spite of the throwing up, it sounds like she is doing better. Glad that her weight is slowly creeping back up. Love you. See you tomorrow!!
Thank you Debbie for the continual prayers. I know they are helping Ariauna, and I know they are helping me through each and every day. I will never be able to repay all the angels in my life. Every day I am blessed with someone, somewhere helping our family. Thanks for your love and concern.
Thank you "ROYAL" friends. You are not only royal, you are loyal. Not sure what we would do without your little visits each week. So grateful you go to school at the U. You sure you don't need or want to take some classes during the summer at the U, or even in Denver, Seattle, or CA? We love seeing you guys, you are the best neighbors!
Post a Comment