Thursday we went to lunch with grandma and grandpa. Grandma goes back to work on Monday after being off work for awhile with her feet, so we decided to have one last date before then. Friday Ariauna had a very busy, but fun day. She spent the morning having a play date at the Brinkerhoff's and then spent a chunk of the afternoon having a play date with her friend Emily W., they rode bikes for a big part of their play date. Then we spent some time down celebrating Karen's (our friend/neighbor) college graduation. The girls spent time trying to sale flip flops. They started their own "business" called Flippy Floppys to earn money for our family to come visit while we are in MN having the bone marrow transplant done. This was all their own idea and I am proud of them for wanting to earn money to help Ariauna. They sold several pairs and made about $46.00 just that one day. They are making the flip flops by tying water balloons, or different colors of tulle on them. Everyone who see's them, loves them.
About 7:30 we went back down to Karen's house for the part Ari had been waiting for all week......Smore's over the campfire. Thanks King's for a fun night, that might just be the only campfire we get this year!
After the zoo we headed home for a rest before going and having family pictures taken. We had Tammy Rickett take some family pictures for us today. I am so grateful to her for squeezing us in so quickly to get some new good photos of our family before we head off for transplant. She sent me one last night of Ariauna that she had retouched and gotten rid of the feeding tube sticking out her nose. I would have to say it is a beautiful picture of Ariauna. Here is a sneak peek, more family photos and pictures of Ari to come later.
She took a ton of pictures of all of us together, some of the kids together, some of the all the boys, some of all the girls, and she focused a lot on taking a bunch of Ariauna with her long beautiful hair before she loses it all, and some of each of us with Ariauna. We even snuck in a few shots of Jaxon for his 2nd birthday. I will forever be grateful to Tammy for spending all the extra time she did with us and capturing these moments for us. There was numerous times I about went to tears watching my family spend time together. Watching Ariauna interact with each one of her siblings. These are the moments I will treasure in my heart for the rest of my life and these are the moments I will look back on when we are a long ways from home and missing each other so much. Ariauna is wearing down and you can tell her blood counts are low. She is more tired and wanting to lay around and take it easy. She is going to stay home from church today and lay around and take it easy. I guess we will find out more tomorrow. I hope if they are going to do a blood transfusion that they can work it in while we are already up there tomorrow having our appt with her surgeon Dr. Soukup. There is so much to do and not enough time in the day. I have a feeling our time here in Salt Lake is running low and we have play dates, doctor appts, a room to build, and a zillion other things to get done. I will try to post again soon.







6 comments:
Love the picture of Ariauna--so beautiful! It was great to see you guys Friday at Karen's shindig and talk to you. I wish I could help out with all you need to get done (that's when cloning would be helpful, huh?) Hoping today's a restful one.
My girls love their flippy floppies that they bought!! They used their own money because they wanted to give Ari their own money. It about made me cry because my girls said "Mom they are totally going to have enough money for Ari" I asked why they thought so and they said "because they made 35$ today!" They love her and are always praying for her. Our prayers and thoughts are always on you all!! Wish we could do more.
Thanks Debbie- It was good to see you too and visit for a bit. Yes, if only I could clone myself a few times. We did have a restful Sunday. Now on to another crazy week.
Lisa, your girls are so sweet. Sadie told me they had brought there own money to buy flip flops and my first thought was oh no, I hope there mom knows they are spending there money. Glad you were aware of that. Sadie is so excited about the money they made that day- she is sure she can make enough money to buy a ticket to come visit us while we are gone. I appreciate all the prayers in our behalf. I wish we could all be as good as the kids are about always remembering everyone in our prayers. Your girls are too cute and very special to Ariauna too.
I love having your family over. I just bought some fun star marshmallows, so I will have your kids come over to roast them with us.
Thanks Karen, you are so good to my kiddos. They are loving all this extra attention and love you are giving them. I just home they are not annoying you! Ariauna asked her surgeon yesterday about jumping on the tramp. She said as far as from surgery she would be fine, but as a mom she hates trampolines and if she was a blood doctor looking at her blood numbers, probably not a smart idea. If she was to fall or bump her head, it probably wouldn't be good. (which probably means I shouldn't be letting her ride her bike either). Ugh!
Post a Comment