Sunday, May 26, 2013

When people come together...... Amazing things can happen!!

When people come together..... Amazing things can happen!!  I just want everyone to know that I am not writing this post to brag or flaunt how much money we made at the carnival. In fact we debated rather to keep it a personal thing. We (myself as well as everyone on the committee) have been asked numerous times by hundreds of people what the outcome of the carnival was. As the committee and I discussed rather we should let it be public information or not, we all felt like it is the communities right to know how much money was raised. I have always been the type of person to do everything myself. I was humiliated when this trial was thrown on our family and for the first time in my life realized I was not going to be able to do this alone. We spent 5 weeks at Primary Children's in March/April and I realized then that I could not be at the hospital taking care of her and be home with my kids. Jerry could not work full time, run the kids as the taxi driver, fix dinner, take care of the house, do homework and everything else that was being thrown on him. Through all of this I have been humbled.  There is so much evil in the world today. So many things that pull is from one thing to the next. You turn on the news and hear so many horrible tragedies. We'll I am writing this post today to let you all know that there is still good in the world. Jerry and I have always known that even though the world is full of trials and tribulations there is still good in the world. But after this carnival I am amazed at the beauty around us, I am amazed at the love people have for each other, and I am amazed how many people are willing to come and support each other when there is a need. Even people who do not even know us came and showed their love and support.  This bone marrow transplant is a $300,000 transplant and our Insurance will not cover it at our local children's hospital so we are having to travel to Minnesota for it. Our insurance will not cover it all and will not cover all of the travel expenses. We will be traveling to Minnesota and back home approximately 4 times this first year and then at least once a year for the rest of her life. So as you can imagine this is going to be a huge expense for our family and as you can imagine we do not have that kind of cash just laying around.  The carnival crew came down last night to meet with us after they totaled up all of the money that was earned. They asked us how much we thought the carnival had earned in our behalf. Ariauna said $100.00, kids are so innocent aren't they. They do not understand or comprehend the amount of things. $100.00 to her was a lot. Austin, Jerry and I threw out some numbers. I figured the carnival might make about $2,000 when they first talked about doing it. We told the kids if the carnival made enough money that hopefully we could get them out there to visit us. I knew with the huge turn out and all of the items donated to sale that it was going to make more than that. Here is the carnival committee waiting to present a check to Ariauna.
I was already starting to cry just having them all in my house dressed in Ariauna attire and knowing the amount of work they had all put in to make this huge event happen. I had the chills and tears started swelling in my eyes. Brent got out his phone and took this video. 
I could not believe it. I cried and cried. I had been over at Karen's a few days before and she looked teary. When I tried to look at her and talk to her she just started to cry and told me not to look at her and to just go away. I ended up giving her a big hug and we both had a good cry. That is why in the video when I started to cry I just told them not to look at me, but like they said they were all crying to, there is just no video to prove it. I can not even express the gratitude in my heart for the time and effort put in on our behalf. For everyone who donated, and came out to support us. I am humbled and overwhelmed at the love of other people. Several people contacted the news stations to ask them to come to this carnival and they were told no they can not do personal private things like that or everyone would want them to come and be interviewed. I am writing this post today to let you all know that rather the news wants this to be recognized or not, the community deserves to know that when family, friends, neighbors, local business' and communities come together.....GREAT THINGS CAN HAPPEN.  I will forever be grateful to all of you for coming to support our family and I hope someday I can pay it forward and help another family that may be in need. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all you have done to help our family. This carnival helped raise a huge amount of money that we will forever be grateful for. May you all be blessed in your efforts of helping our family. We are so grateful for the many good people there are in the world. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love love you all

The Royals said...

From small ideas, big things can happen. We love you and hope this can be a bigger drop in your bucket.

Lisa said...

That just made me cry watching and reading this!! I am beyond amazed!! This world and people are truly still good. Love it!!

Unknown said...

Wow that is so amazing. I cry every time I read your blogs. Thank you so much for sharing them with us all. There is good in the world. I love you all and think about you daily.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! It is wonderful to see people pull together and help one another out! Love you guys!

debbie said...

Seriously so awesome! I wish we could have been to the carnival, but we had made plans previously. I was bummed, but I'm so glad it was successful.

Post a Comment