Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day......


Happy Mother's Day to myself, to my beautiful mother and to all the mother's around me both young and old who have helped me to become a better mom. I just want to say how grateful I am to be a mother. Out of all the callings/jobs in my life being a mother has been the most rewarding. Yes it has been one of the hardest, most tiring, physical and emotional draining at times, and I would never say it is an easy job. But when I tuck those little spirits in each night, no matter how good or bad the day has been, I thank my Heavenly Father for giving me the most rewarding calling in my life....That of being a mother. I always wanted to be a mom and babies didn't come easy for us. So I am so grateful to have each one of them in my life.  I also want my mom to know how much I love her. She is more than my mom, she is my best friend. There have been numerous times in my life, especially right now that I don't know what I would do without my mom. I love her with all my heart and am so grateful for her example in my life. She has definitely shown me how to be a good mom and I hope someday to be as good of a mom as she has always been to me and someday hope I am the "dream" grandma like she has been for my kids. She is my hero and I am so thankful to have been blessed with the best mom ever. I also have numerous friends in my life who are the perfect "Mother" in my eyes and who have been great examples to me and who I look up to a lot when it comes to raising my kids. I have found myself lots of times watching them with their own children and thinking I would like to be more like them, patient, loving, kind, etc. Thank you to every mom in the world that has been an example to me. I had a great Mother's Day and here are a few highlights!  The girls and I went on Saturday to have a pedicure done. I promised Ariauna before she heads back into the hospital that the three of us girls would go have a pedicure done. What a fun Mothers Day present.
 
 
 
 Then Saturday evening we went to my mom's to celebrate her birthday and Mother's Day. Once every few years her birthday and Mothers Day are on the same day and that is how it fell this year. Happy Birthday and Mother's Day to the best mom in the world. We  had everyone there except the one's in Colorado. The grand kids all had fun singing Happy Birthday to grandma and watching her blow out her candles. They had fun playing together and ended the night with Uncle Jeff taking everyone for a motorcycle ride. Ariauna loves to go on rides on the motorcycle.
 
Sunday we all went to church. Ariauna's blood is still really low and so she fell sound asleep during sacrament. We only stayed for Sacrament meeting and then came home, did our yearly photo on the porch with me and my kiddos and had some lunch.
Then we headed off to the cemetery to visit Grandma "C"s grave. We took her some beautiful lilacs. We stayed out there for awhile and shed a few tears about how much we miss her. Hopefully she is having a wonderful Mothers Day in heaven.....free from pain.
We completed the day with a picnic up the canyon with some friends from our ward/neighborhood. The kids had a blast playing in the river and roasting some marshmallows.  I had a great Mothers Day being with my family :-)
 











1 comment:

The Royals said...

I like that Ari is wearing the dress instead of just having it on her like it was up at the hospital! Fun day!!

Post a Comment